Salary Sacrifice

Salary Sacrifice – Case Study What is salary sacrifice? Salary sacrifice is an arrangement employers may make available to employees – the employee agrees to reduce their earnings by an amount equal to their pension contributions. And in exchange, the employer then agrees to pay the total pension contributions. See our case study. Client contacted […]

Pension & Retirement 1

Pension & Retirement Case Study 1 Background: Dr M took her NHS Pension in 2018 however continues to work and run her dental practice. Objective Dr M. still has approximately £150,000 of unused Lifetime Allowance (2018/19; £1,030,000). After contacting the NHS, Vance Financial Management recommended Dr M make a further contribution of around £75,000 into […]

Pension & Retirement 2

Pension & Retirement Case Study 2 Background & Objective Dr C is a member of the NHS Pension scheme and wished to make an additional contribution into her existing Personal Pension. After requesting information from the NHS on her contributions we discovered that she had unused pension contributions of around £60,000 accumulated over the last […]

Inheritance Tax Planning

Inheritance Tax Planning Case Study Background Dr L and his wife have an estate worth £2.4million. They are very concerned about the amount of inheritance tax their two children may have to pay on their deaths. Their will transfers all assets to the surviving spouse then children on second death. The maximum Residence Nil Rate Band […]

Business Protection

Business Protection – Case Study Background: Mr H owns a large Nursery, has two children and is married. There are two shareholders; Mr H who owns 85% and his sister who owns the remaining 15%. Currently the way the limited company is structured, Mr H’s shareholding (worth around £1.275million) will be inherited by his wife […]


Do you need assistance managing your money so it can be used to help someone after you die or to contribute towards your care in later life? A trust is a great way to do this.

Inheritance Tax

The current allowance whereby no inheritance tax is charged is on the first £325,000 (per person) of someone’s estate – which is the value of their total assets they leave behind when they die.

There are a number of ways in which you can avoid a high inheritance tax…

Business Insurance

It’s important for businesses to insure their company’s property, equipment and fixed assets. However, it is far too common for businesses to overlook the people who drive the business. Many businesses fail to recognise the potential impact the death of a key employee, shareholder, or partner could have on the financial security of the business, not to mention on their surviving family.

Critical Illness Cover

Could you and your family cope financially if you were not become critically ill and could not work? It’s not a nice question to consider, but it’s an important consideration. If you think you and your loved ones would struggle to pay the mortgage or meet the cost of other household bills, you should consider critical illness insurance.

Personal Life Insurance

Life Insurance provides you financial peace of mind insuring you and/or your family are protected in a range of circumstances including ill health, critical illness and death.